- Junior Golfers Ages 13 and Under.
- Helps young golfers and beginners play from appropriate yardages.
- The Family Course Setup helps kids and all members of the family play faster and not feel rushed, it lowers scores, and it helps golfers of all ages have more fun.
- Cost effective way for pros to update their golf course and encourage members of families to play from appropriate tee locations.
How it is Done:
- The Family Course adds two levels of tees to each hole well in front of the existing tees.
- Teeing grounds are marked by placing a Family Course tee plate on level locations between the edge of the fairway and the center of the fairway on the cart path side. In addition, a smaller locator tee or paint is placed near or on the cart path to indicate where to find the Family Course tee marker in the fairway.
- The forward-most tees on most golf courses are approximately 2,500 yards for nine holes, which is too long for young players and adult beginners. By adding two sets of tee locations (Level 1 - 1,500 yards for nine holes, Level 2 - 2,000 yards for nine holes) all family members are able to enjoy their round.
Proposed Course Setup Using Average Yardages:
|Level 1||Level 2|
|2- Par 3's||60 yards||90 yards|
|5- Par 4's||185 yards||250 yards|
|2- Par 5's||250 yards||350 yards|
|Total 9-Hole Yardage||1,545 yards||2,130 yards|
Using this chart, one can easily determine the appropriate tees for junior golfers:
|Driver Carry Distance||Appropriate Tee Box|
|0-139 yards||Level 1|
|140-179 yards||Level 2|
|180-219 yards||Red Tees|
|220-268 yards||White Tees|
|269 and beyond||Blue Tees|