About the Ladies Program
Lenoir Golf Club
2016 Ladies Golf Program
Steve Smart, PGA Professional
The Goal, or mission, for the Ladies Program is to enhance the playing abilities through clinics and events designed for lady golfers to generate excitement for the game developing lasting memories and new friendships.
Strategies and Planning
Develop clinics during the first part of the year for beginners and novice golfers.
- Putting and chipping
- Irons and basic swing mechanics
- Irons and woods in developing a full and repeatable swing
- Go on the course and start by playing 3 holes
- Graduate to playing 6 holes, and then 9
- Evaluation of all points from prior clinics and on course management.
- Develop ethics and rules clinics associated socials and food.
- Graduate the first class to the next level of playing and advance clinics
Clinic will cost $10 per person. This fee will include one hour instruction in clinic style and range balls during the sessions. As the classes progress, the fees will increase to $25 per person to include lunch and cart fees with instructions. Clinics may be limited to the first 8 individuals per clinic. If more than 8 sign-up, then more times will be scheduled to accommodate.
- 1st clinic - putting and chipping with basic swing mechanics 1- hour
- 2nd clinic – basic swing mechanics and irons with full swing finish1-hour
- 3rd clinic – full swing mechanics (irons/woods) and review of first two clinics1-hour
- 4th clinic – Playing 3 holes on course with rules/ethics of game and lunch and social2.5 hours
- 5th clinic - Playing 6 to 9 holes on the course with coaching/lunch/social2.5 hours
- 6th day - Pairing up groups for 9- hole Captain’s Choice events with social2.5 hours